Dear Cathedral Congregations,
Our Cathedral has a long standing history of unlearning and dismantling racism through the work of our Uyeki Forum and our individual and collective commitment to live into our baptismal covenant.
As we continue to live and struggle with the dual pandemics of Covid-19 and racism, I commend the following resources for your meditation and actions.
- Please visit our ECCT website ‘s link to the work of Racial Healing, Justice and Reconciliation Network as well as the link to the Black Lives Matter resources”
- An open letter to the Church by my colleagues Canon Stephanie Spellers, the Rev. Winnie Vargehse and Dean Kelly Brown Douglas. The document can be found here: Click Here.
- An Anti-racism Covenant written by the newly elected bishop of the Diocese of Missouri, the Rt. Rev. Dean K. Johnson. Bishop Johnson wrote this covenant in response to the death of George Floyd and others in policy custody. I encourage you to sign this covenant as a public witness of our commitment to dismantle racism, white supremacy and anti-black bias.
- Click here to download the Anti-Racism Covenant
- Click here to visit the Anti-Racism Covenant website (read and sign the covenant)
The Very Rev. Miguelina Howell , Cathedral Dean